Shannon Babies Education Program and Classes
Many changes are occurring as you wait for your new arrival, which is why Shannon has designed programs and classes to help you and your family prepare for this joyous occasion. Education is an integral part of our family-centered maternity care. We want to include parents, brothers, sisters, special partners and other significant individuals to the family group. We know you are busy, so to best meet your needs we offer classes both at the hospital and online.
In addition to the scheduled classes, in-hospital education services include:
- Ongoing consultation with our Shannon Babies educator throughout your pregnancy, birth and your baby’s first year.
- One-on-one parenting and baby care instruction from your nurse
- A certified lactation specialist specially trained to assist the breastfeeding while in the hospital and after you go home
- Newborn channel – education channel that provides programs on baby care and postpartum topics 24 hours a day
- Printed educational materials to read during your stay and to take home
Every expectant mother in the Concho Valley is invited to make an appointment for a free consultation with our Shannon Babies educator, a specially trained registered nurse who will answer your questions about pregnancy and childbirth. During your consultation, you will receive a guided tour of our Family Birth Center to include our beautiful labor/delivery/recovery (LDR) suites designed with your family in mind.
Call (325) 481-6332 for a free consultation with our Shannon Babies educator.